I found the test quite easy to use and interpret and I am really pleased to have this service at my disposal in the future.
It’s just a bit more objective when employing staff than going by their interview skills alone.
I will definitely keep your contact details for the next hire I do. I will also recommend you to other accountants that I network with regularly.
Michelle Thompson, Chartered Accountant, Tax & Trust Professionals
"If we had we recruited without using Accountests in the selection process, we would have potentially made a very costly mistake.
The test our candidates sat provided peace of mind at a very affordable price. I was impressed with the fast turnaround of results and follow up service available."
Nerissa Wells, Office Manager, Torque Auto Services
Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test
The Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine whether graduate or trainee candidates have a working knowledge of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits) and business acumen.
The test is ideal for graduate or trainee positions where candidates have limited accounting experience.
The test covers four areas:
- Create Journals – From a transaction what is the journal entry?
- Interpret Journals - From a journal what transaction is occurring?
- Accounting Concepts – Demonstrate an understanding for some basic accounting concepts
- Business Knowledge – Demonstrate an understanding of business terminology in practical use
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help understand more about their test report.