Elevating Your Advisory Services
Want to see if Accountests will work for your firm? Click on the button for a FREE trial test - use it on a candidate or get one of your staff to give it a go and see what they think.
Introducing Our New Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller Tests
The world of finance is growing more complex by the day, and so is the demand for experienced and reliable financial guidance for businesses. As you strive to move your accounting firm in an advisory direction, how can you be confident that your staff members possess the right competencies to become credible Virtual Controllers and Virtual CFOs to your cherished clients?
1. Understanding the Difference Between Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller Finance Roles
One question that often arises when integrating new services into an accounting firm is what the distinction is between a Virtual CFO and a Virtual Controller. In essence, a Virtual CFO is responsible for making high-level strategic decisions that impact the overall financial management of a business. They often collaborate with business owners and executives to develop sound financial strategies and optimize their company's financial performance.
On the other hand, a Virtual Controller's primary role is to oversee the day-to-day financial operations of a business. They're responsible for implementing financial procedures, maintaining accurate financial records, and ensuring that the accounting team operates efficiently.
Have a look at how Ryan Lazanis from Future Firm describes the value VCFO and VController services can add to both firm and clients https://futurefirm.co/virtual-cfo-services/
2. The Benefits of Offering Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller Services to Your Clients
Our new Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller tests can significantly enhance your accounting firm's services with the following benefits:
- Imbed your services in a client's business, allowing you to deliver personalized financial advice and support.
- Provide more interesting and challenging work for your team, giving them opportunities to learn, grow, and excel in their careers.
- Offer cost-effective, high-level financial expertise to clients who could not afford to hire full-time senior finance professionals.
- Deliver flexible, bespoke services that can be tailored to address clients' specific needs and issues for short periods.
- Foster strong personal connections with clients, enhancing the value of your accounting services and building long-lasting relationships.
- Make it easy to up-sell and cross-sell other services within your firm, generating more revenue streams and expanding your client base.
The challenge for many firms is whether the existing team has the credibility and capability. Key attributes to look for in candidates for these roles are:
- Strong financial and accounting expertise - they must have a thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis to identify potential problems and find solutions.
- Excellent communication and project management skills - being able to explain complex concepts in plain English, lead teams remotely, and plan software implementations or business transactions with ease is essential.
- Business acumen - virtual CFOs or controllers should have experience working within a business environment, or alternatively undertake a secondment to gain such experience.
- Technical proficiency - having knowledge of the latest software and technology solutions is necessary in order to provide top-level services.
3. Assessing Your Team's Credibility and Capability with Our Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller Tests
We wanted to help firms with this transition so we developed a Virtual Controller Test and a Virtual CFO Test so you can assess either the standard of existing team members or those you want to hire. The tests allow a comparison between the skills of your candidate and those of commercial non-CPA controllers or CPA level CFO’s.
With the addition of our Accountants Personality Profile you can even evaluate essential attributes for Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller roles; gaining insight into communication, problem solving and ‘completer / finisher’ skills.
Identify your candidates’ suitability and ensure they possess the skills needed to provide valuable guidance to clients.
Strengthen Your Advisory Services with Confidence
Our new Virtual CFO and Virtual Controller tests provide you with the tools necessary to evaluate and develop your team's capabilities in meeting your clients' financial management needs. By offering these advanced financial services, your accounting firm will stand out from the competition and build a reputation for delivering innovative, valuable guidance. Don't miss this opportunity to elevate your advisory services – start assessing and upskilling your team today!
About the Authors
Giles Pearson FCA was a PwC Partner for 18 years before jointly setting up Accountests.
Steve Evans has a whole career dedicated to enabling employers to attract, recruit, develop and retain talented individuals and teams, with particular expertise in candidate testing and assessment before setting up Accountests.
Accountests deliver the world’s only online suite of annually updated and country-specific technical knowledge tests designed by accountants for accountants and bookkeepers.