Finders, Minders and Grinders
If your accounting firm follows the widely used Finder, Minder, Grinder model for allocating staff to play to their strengths, you should be using the free guide below when hiring new staff and to identify the role fit, latent potential and development priorities of your existing team.
Keeping & Developing Finders, Minders & Grinders
Which of your Grinders have the untapped personality profile to become your next Minder? Could they be better deployed supporting you in Finder activities and building your business?
Hiring Finders, Minders & Grinders
Compare the Minder you're hiring to the ideal Minder profile, and get bespoke interview questions, and a development plan
See a PDF version of this table here
The Accountants Personality Profile Questionnaire (APPQ) was developed specifically to assist accounting firm owners and managers to hire people most likely to succeed in Finder, Minder and Grinder roles, with Interview Questions to address potential concerns before you make a job offer.
Walk into every new employment contact with your eyes wide open on your new hires development priorities and whether they have the potential to grow beyond the role you hired them into.
When combined with the appropriate Accounting or Bookkeeping Skills Test, you get to make thoroughly informed selection decisions ahead of your candidates competing job offers.
How Do I Use This?
1. Have your candidate / staff member complete the APPQ
2. Decide which profile you want to compare the candidate / staff member to - Finder, Minder or Grinder
3. Compare the scoring on Page 7-9 of the APPQ report to the Ideal Profile Chart above or Pages 6-7 of the Profile Guide
4. Read the Guide applicable to the profile - find them here:
5. Combine the learnings from the APPQ report and Profile Guide to develop awesome interview questions and development plans