Staff Shortages Causing Unmanageable Workloads for a Third of Workers
Want to see if Accountests will work for your company or firm? Click on the button for a FREE trial - use it on a candidate or get one of your staff to give it a go and see what they think.
The knock-on effects of unfilled vacancies on existing staff were largely expected by employers, but this survey puts those effects in stark and alarming actual experiences. While the survey was conducted in the UK, we could confidently expect the findings to be mirrored where you work.
- More than a third of staff surveyed reported unmanageable workloads that are affecting their mental health and attributed to unfilled vacancies
- 78% reported experiencing burn-out symptoms since the start of 2022, also attributed to unfilled vacancies
- 22% of People/HR professionals reported being unable to recruit anyone in the past 3 months
The CEO of TotalJobs, who commissioned the survey suggests familiar cures to ease the effects on staff and their managers:
- Shorten the time to hire new staff to avoid losing candidates to competing job offers
- Increase the wellbeing services offered to staff experiencing the pressures of unfilled vacancies, as well as the effects of a global cost of living crisis
Accountests can’t help you much with the global cost of living crisis, but we can make huge improvements in shortening the time to hire new staff with our ‘fast & thorough’ techniques for getting you ahead of candidates competing jobs offers. Contact Us to find out how.
See the full CIPD article, authored by Jasmine Urquat and TotalJobs Survey here.
About the Authors
Giles Pearson FCA was a PwC Partner for 18 years before jointly setting up Accountests.
Steve Evans has a whole career dedicated to enabling employers to attract, recruit, develop and retain talented individuals and teams, with particular expertise in candidate testing and assessment before setting up Accountests.
Accountests deliver the world’s only online suite of annually updated and country-specific technical knowledge tests designed by accountants for accountants and bookkeepers.